Effective June 19th, 2018
Origis Energy USA Inc and affiliated entities (collectively “Origis Energy”) respect individual privacy and value the confidence of its customers, business partners and others. Origis Energy is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices. Accordingly, Origis Energy adheres to strict standards in connection with the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information, consistent with the laws of the countries in which Origis Energy conducts business.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services. Web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear GIFs) are another type of data collection technology. A web beacon is computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and Website audience.
Cookies help us improve the Website and your experience thereon by customizing your experience, helping us analyze usage, technical and browsing metrics as well as detecting and preventing fraud.
Different Types of Cookies We Use
First party and third party cookies
First-party cookies and Third-party cookies are different types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by Origis Energy. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your device or language preferences and to secure your use of Website.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our third-party business partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to analyze the audience on our Website.
Session and persistent cookies
Session cookies and Persistent cookies are also different types of cookies.
- Session cookies only last from the moment they are placed on your browser until the moment when you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of purposes, including to learn more about your use of our Website during one single browser session and to help you to use our Website more efficiently.
- Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted when you close your web browser. These types of cookies are primarily used for analytical purposes.
|Cookie type||Who serves these cookies||How to refuse||Retention period|
|Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to secure our Website.||Google Webmaster
|Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Website to you, you cannot refuse them.
You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under the heading “How can you control cookies?” blocking or deleting essential website cookies may make browsing our website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our site.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
1. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
2. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
3. http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
4. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
5. https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
6. https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
|Maximum 30 months|
|Analytics cookies: These cookies help us understand how our Website is being used and help us customize and improve our Website.||Google Analytics
|To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading ” Your choices regarding cookies”||Maximum 30 months|
|Social cookies: The social buttons on our Website add cookies from YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. These cookies are used by those sites.
|Most social media sites allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from site to site, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
1. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en (Youtube).
2. https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy (Linkedin).
3. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ (Facebook).
4. https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies (Google+)
5. https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies (Twitter).
|Maximum 30 months|
To these purposes, we also may link information from cookies with other personal information we hold about you. When you visit our Website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device. Cookies, like all technologies, can be swiftly replaced by more secure and performant cookies. We will use our best efforts to keep this summary table accurate and up-to-date.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You may exercise your choices regarding cookies using several options. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may prevent all or part of our Website from functioning as intended.
Browser and devices controls
Most web browsers provide settings that allow users to control or reject cookies or to alert users when a cookie is placed on their computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser, so please check the specific steps in the “help” menu of your web browser. Since cookies are browser-specific, you may need to manage your cookies preferences across all the web browsers you use.
You also may be able to reject device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device, as available. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device, so please check the specific steps in the documentation relating to the device you use.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.