Effective June 19th, 2018
Origis Energy’s Privacy Practices at a Glance
|Purpose||Lawful basis||Relevant Personal Information||Retention period|
|Opt-in newsletter||Legitimate interest: to provide you with the newsletter you subscribed to||Name, email address||30 months from collection|
|Answer questions||Legitimate interest: to answer the questions you have send in through the contact form||Name, email address||30 months after last contact|
|Recruitment||Legitimate interest: to reply on your job application||Name, phone number, email address, resume/CV||Maximum 30 months after last contact|
|Contact||Legitimate interest: to contact you after we have received your contacts||Name, phone, email address||Maximum 30 months after last contact|
Personal Information We Collect
We collect data, including Personal Information that you provide on our Website and as you use the Website. “Personal Information” includes information that can be used to identify you as a natural person, directly or indirectly, in particular in combination with other information available to us such as an identification number, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person and may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number, email address (etc.);
- Demographic information, such as your age, zip code, property size, and your interest in our products and services;
Origis Energy aims at keeping the Personal Information we hold as accurate and up-to-date. Please ensure that the Personal Information you communicate to us is accurate and up-to-date.
If you fail to provide certain personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with a product or service), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Each visitor to the Website may be identified by cookies or similar technologies (see our Cookies Policy) as well as by an IP address during their visit. Please note that IP addresses are automatically captured when you visit the Website. The information we collect depends on how you use our Website. We also collect Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information to assist us.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Sources
We and third parties we engage may combine information we collect from you over time and across our Website with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you (see our Cookies Policy).
How We Use your Personal Information
We only collect, use and store your Personal Information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as products and services we provide, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, providing you with information, products and services that you request from us, for other legitimate purposes we refer to the At A Glance table above.
As the case may be, we will provide you with the basis of such legitimate purposes upon its occurrence, prior to implementation of the related processing.
Origis collects Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Providing you with information you requested from us;
- Respond to an inquiry from you;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer survey purposes, either directly from Origis or, subject to your consent, as the case may be, from our third-party partners;
- Providing customer service and support;
- Improving the operation of the Website and/or help adjust the content of the Website to the general geographic location of you and for reporting purposes;
- Providing you with an Origis publication and/or providing you access to Origis’ online resources; and
- Managing a job application.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Where required or permitted by applicable law, we use or disclose your Personal Information to limited third parties when we believe, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the legal obligation bearing on Origis, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any agreement to which we are a party, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Origis, Origis’ clients, or others.
We may also share your personal Information with our affiliate entities and other third-party business partners, providers, vendors or contractors acting on our behalf and under our instructions, whether located inside and outside of the European Union (“EU”) or the Economic Area (“EEA”), for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as our products and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, to reply on job applications and when needed, with your consent.
Therefore, we may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Origis and any of our affiliate entities located inside or outside of the EU/EEA, for purposes of Personal Information processing or storage in connection with the aforementioned purposes;
- With Origis’ business partners, vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide our products and services or facilitate transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing or orders, hosting websites and providing support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- If we share Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those listed above, Origis will, for further protection of your privacy, share your Personal Information in aggregated and/or de-identified form that cannot be used to identify you;
Where mandated or permitted by applicable law, regulation or legal process, we will disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties, located inside and outside the country where you are located (including inside and outside the EU/EEA), where such disclosure is in accordance with due process of law and binding upon Origis, to the extent necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements, protect the rights, property, or safety of Origis, its business partners, you, or others.
Links to Third-parties’ Websites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites that are operated by companies outside of our control. Your activities on those third-party websites will be solely governed by the privacy policies and procedures of those third parties. Origis takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content or information practices of such third parties and encourage you to review the privacy polices of these third parties before disclosing any information on their websites.
Security and Confidentiality of your Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures and safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Origis also relies on reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information in our possession, including:
- Enforcement of group-wide policies and procedures on Personal Information use, security and confidentiality;
- Restricting access to Personal Information to only those employees and third-party service providers on a “need to know” basis and under strict confidentiality requirements;
- Use of technologies to safeguard data during transmission, such as SSL encryption for some of the data that you provide via the Website and using appropriate security measures to safeguard the data we collect and possess;
- Use of reasonable measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our computer systems and networks.