Southeast Renewable Energy is the annual networking summit where the entire southeast renewable energy community gathers to get the latest insights into the market and to meet key players.
Panel: Post-Pandemic Southeast Market Outlook and Renewable Energy Project Development Issues
Date: November 18, 2021
As the pandemic draws to a close, the market for renewable energy projects seems poised to explode with opportunities. However, it is clear that many of its effects on the global economy will continue to impact development for quite some time, while recent extreme weather events have affected how utilities, developers, investors and financiers assess and price risks for projects. This panel will explore the post-pandemic renewable energy development environment in the Southeast.
- What is being seen regarding PPA pricing in the Southeast, and how that is affecting project development and financing?
- How are developers dealing with the rising solar equipment and supply chain costs?
- Where are commodity prices for glass, polysilicon, aluminum headed?
- Transportation constraints and costs
- EPC and labor costs
- How is the Texas winter storm affecting project pipeline strategies?
- Location, location, location: how are the risks of hurricanes and other extreme weather affecting project risk assessments and insurance costs?
- Katherine Ross, Partner, PARKER POE ADAMS & BERNSTEIN LLP
- Erik Ejups, Senior Manager, Origination and Power Marketing, EDF RENEWABLES
- Jesse Grossman, Chairman and CEO, SOLTAGE
- Johan Vanhee, Chief Commercial and Procurement Officer, ORIGIS ENERGY