Origis Energy is proud to participate in the Infocast TX Clean Energy Summit 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Austin, Austin, TX, August 29 – 31, 2023.
Our grid power team member, Julie Thompson, Director of Business Development, C&I, will participate as a panelist addressing the Texas market. See below for information about the panel.
Panel: Negotiating the Deal: Exploring the Needs and Expectations of Developers, Offtakers, Financiers, Tax Equity & Other Affected Parties
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Offtake options and bargaining power have evolved, as construction delays, equipment issues, and covid-related market disruptions change assumptions from both a risk and cost perspective. While decarbonization goals drive procurement decisions even as PPA prices ticked up, what new developments are being seen in LEU procurement negotiations?
This session will provide an in-depth look at what’s driving procurement decisions and what risks counter-parties are willing to take on.
- How are counter-parties to PPAs, vPPAs, hedges, and other offtake agreements thinking about risks and objectives?
- Are inflation and rising interest rates changing expectations? What about equipment costs and the aftermath of the Dept of Commerce Investigation and Biden Moratorium?
- How sensitive are offtakers to transmission delays, and how are negotiations and provisions changing to accommodate delays?
- How is the negotiation different when an offtaker wants both power and RECs?
- Price of RECs creating negative bids: How are corporate goals shifting priorities in deals?
- Matt Bigham, Managing Director, MARATHON CAPITAL
- Seif El-Bakly, Interim Chief Executive Officer, ARGO BLOCKCHAIN
- Jonathan M. Gross, Director – Renewable Energy, MONARCH PRIVATE CAPITAL
- Robert Ott, VP of Origination, NRG
- Julie Thompson, Director of Business Development, C&I, ORIGIS ENERGY